A minha Lista de blogues

terça-feira, 20 de março de 2012

Spring has sprung!


Spring is that beautiful season which comes with longer days and warmer temperatures. During this season you can finally hear birds chirp and see flowers bloom.


I was born in March, the month of spring and so it is another reason for me to love this season.







When I was a child and lived in the Island of Madeira we had a jasmine vine in our house that grew over and around our fences.


I still recall that wonderful scent and how pleasant it was to inhale that aroma just after waking up. It was a great start to my day!

Our school has a huge jasmine tree that is blooming now . It therefore gives us a warm welcome everyday!

Spring Song


The air was full of sun and birds,
The fresh air sparkled clearly.
Remembrance wakened in my heart
And I knew I loved her dearly.

The fallows and the leafless trees
And all my spirit tingled.
My earliest thought of love, and Spring's
First puff of perfume mingled.

In my still heart the thoughts awoke,
Came lone by lone together -
Say, birds and Sun and Spring, is Love
A mere affair of weather?

Robert Louis Stevenson


Today, March 20th, is the first day of spring.




1 comentário:

  1. Hooray for March babies! I love Spring, too :) My daffodils are all looking very happy in my sunny lounge, and I appreciate how quickly my laundry dries now...

    ResponderEliminar