University of Coimbra: Courtyard of the old Royal Palace
The World Heritage Committee, which has the final say on whether a property is inscribed on the World Heritage List is attending its 37th session in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (17-27 June 2013).
On June 22, 2013, the university of Coimbra was added to UNESCO World Heritage List.
It is the 15th property in Portugal on the World Heritage List:
· Alto Douro Wine Region (2001)
· Convent of Christ in Tomar (1983)
· Cultural Landscape of Sintra (1995)
· Historic Centre of Évora (1986)
· Historic Centre of Guimarães (2001)
· Historic Centre of Oporto (1996)
· Monastery of Alcobaça (1989)
· Monastery of Batalha (1983)
· Laurisilva of Madeira (1999)