The castle and its lighthouse at the entrance of Havana Bay is a symbol that welcomes sea travellers.
The Christ of Havana was inaugurated in 1958. It was sculpted in Italy by the Cuban artist Gilma Madera
The Capitol was inaugurated in 1929. It is an icon of the capital. It is from this building that kilometers in Cuba´s highway network are marked.
El Templete is a neoclassic monument inaugurated in 1829 to commemorate the definite settlement of the town of St Christopher of Havana in 1519.The monument consists of a bust of Christopher Columbus and a three faced column crowned by an image of the Virgin of Pilar, patron of Spanish seamen.
Museum of Colonial art
House of the Marquis of Aguas Claras
The 18th century Cathedral
Hotel Ambos Mundos where Hemingway used to stay
The beautiful Alicia Alonso theatre
The wall along the entire avenue constitutes a favourite place of relaxation for both locals and tourists.
The imposing Hotel Nacional facing the ocean
People say that much has been done in the restoration of old Havana
...but there is still a long way to go...