The Smithsonian’s National Zoo is asking for help to name its female giant panda cub born on August 23, 2013.
Panda fans can vote until November 22. The winning name will be revealed at a ceremony on December 1, when the cub is 100 days old, as it is traditional in China.
• Bao Bao: Precious; treasure.
• Ling Hua: Darling; delicate flower.
• Long Yun: “Long,” meaning dragon; “yun,” meaning charming.
• Mulan: A female Chinese warrior from the fifth century; magnolia flower.
• Zhen Bao: Treasure; valuable.
On July 15 two panda twins were born at Zoo Atlanta.